We release new versions of our applications on a regular basis. Every release comes with bug fixes and detail enhancements as well as very often also new features. Read here what has changed in the most recent version.
DEVONsphere Express 1.9
This release adds support for new file formats as well as for DEVONthink Personal. The revised results list allows to quickly collapse and re-expand categories. An improved search finds terms in both title and content, and See Also supports source URLs and longer text selections. In addition, version 1.9 launches smoother and indexes e.g. Finder/Spotlight comments much faster.
Starting with this version DEVONsphere Express is 64-bit only and requires OS X Mavericks or later.
- Support for Adobe InDesign files.
- Support for flat OmniOutliner 5 files.
- Support for .fountain plain text files.
- Support for .m3u8 playlists.
- Support added for DEVONthink Personal.
- Revised results list; categories stay visible when scrolling and can be collapsed.
- Revised search; finds terms distributed between title and content. This is closer to the behavior of Spotlight.
- Improved See Also supports longer text selections and the source URLs of the current note in Evernote or of the selected result in DEVONagent Pro.
- ↑Up and ↓Down arrow keys can be used to navigate the selection even if the search field has the focus.
- Clearing recent searches resets the system-wide find pasteboard too.
- Improved VoiceOver support.
- Help > Contact sends an email via the default email client again.
- Help > Report Bug provides more information.
- Screenshots in the documentation updated to Retina resolution.
- Improved support for latest versions of Apple Mail.
- Initialization of index is delayed to make application launch smoother.
- Much faster and more reliable reading of Finder/Spotlight comments.
- More reliable filtering of links to search engines and of advertisements.
- Improved indexing of Tinderbox documents.
- Binary precompiled header files are no longer indexed.
- Support added for App Transport Security of OS X El Capitan.
- Improved compatibility to HTTP proxies.
- More reliable handling of background tasks.
- Improved checking for updates.
- Improved console logging.
- Improved overall reliability and performance.
- Issue where files located in the Downloads folder and opened by sandboxed applications were not always supported by See Also.
- Issue where opening the preferences for the first time could cause a delay.
- Issue where proximity operators using wildcards, e.g., 'word1 NEAR word2*', didn't work correctly.
- Issue where the about and launch panels could appear white.
- Issue where the menu extra could appear in a wrong position if the menu bar is automatically hidden.
- Issue where the text of .emlx email messages wasn't indexed on OS X El Capitan and Sierra.
- Issues causing unnecessary console messages.
- Issues related to memory management.
- Issues related to moving DEVONsphere Express to the Applications folder, especially on macOS Sierra.
- Issues related to the click handling of checkboxes in the Options panel.
- Issues related to the relevancy slider and the search field on macOS Sierra.
- Issues related to multi-threading.
- Rare crash related to indexing Spotlight comments.
- Rare crash related to the Preferences panel.
- Categories from the filter popover; the web search can be still enabled via the action menu or a keyboard shortcut.
- OpenMeta support; only Finder tags are now used.
- Support for DEVONthink 2.7.6 and older.