We release new versions of our applications on a regular basis. Every release comes with bug fixes and detail enhancements as well as very often also new features. Read here what has changed in the most recent version.
DEVONthink Pro Office 2.9.11
This maintenance release uses our new web service for decluttering clipped web pages and improves importing notes from Apple Notes and Evernote. HTML and Markdown documents can use relative links for local resources. The update adds several workflow enhancements, too, and improves the overall reliability and performance.
- Reformat with Instapaper option of Clip to DEVONthink replaced with a new option that uses our own web service instead of relying on third-party solutions. DEVONthink Pro Office also uses the new service for clipping web pages to Markdown.
- Contextual menu added for creating or closing tabs.
- .m3u8 added to list of known multimedia extensions.
- %author% placeholder added to templates (see Preferences > Editing > Author).
- The Move, Replicate, and Duplicate contextual and action menus include favorites.
- Recent destinations in menus and panels are now expandable.
- Opening or displaying indexed external documents updates them automatically if necessary.
- Improved sharing extension; sharing items with attachments from Apple Notes now creates rich text documents (RTFD) instead of only importing the attachments.
- More reliable Evernote import. Also, imported notes no longer link to the original notes but the source URL of the notes; this makes it easier to migrate to DEVONthink Pro Office.
- Command-Option-dragging from Bookends 12.7.7 or later supports multiple selected references now.
- Shift-clicking on a link in a web view captures it.
- Paste & match style added to the Sorter's note taking.
- The email import is more compatible to some UNIX mailboxes and Maildir folders.
- The addresses listed in Preferences > Server after starting the web server are more accurate now.
- PDF markup annotations can be easier added or removed in case of slightly overlapping text lines.
- Improved support for movies using affine transformations, e.g., recorded with mobile devices.
- HTML and Markdown documents support now also downward-relative resource links, e.g., to images.
- New Markdown documents now get the extension '.md' for better compatibility.
- Support for XHTML headers in Markdown documents added, e.g., scripts or styles.
- Website export and HTML conversion add generator information to the created code.
- Feeds support also file URLs, e.g., to RSS files created by DEVONagent Pro.
- Updated and fixed scripts Scripts > Feeds > iTMS -- Added Albums and Customizable metadata export (available through the Support Assistant).
- The "create record with" AppleScript command accepts also string dates.
- Improved handling of triggered scripts, e.g., after opening documents in tabs.
- Improved reliability, especially after using Tools > Backup & Optimize while synchronizing or executing scripts.
- Improved progress indication and reliability of File > Import > Folders & attachments from Notes.
- Improved handling of Activity panel.
- Improved and more consistent naming of captured links.
- Improved date parser, e.g., used by feeds.
- Improved import of Google Chrome bookmarks.
- Improved repairing of databases with both orphaned and missing files.
- Revised display of preview pane in case of pending or missing files.
- Tabs bar uses standard icons for Add and Close buttons.
- It's no longer necessary to relaunch the app after exporting templates to the toolbar folder.
- More reliable moving of DEVONthink Pro Office to the Applications folder if necessary.
- Improved logging.
- Updated German localization.
- Improved Memory management, overall reliability and performance.
Improved (macOS Sierra)
- The sidebar supports Shift-clicking to select a range of pages (again) on macOS Sierra .
- PDF documents can now be dropped onto the PDF sidebar (again) on macOS Sierra.
- Added Daily option to Preferences > Sync > Schedule.
- Pending icons are now indicated by a lighter icon instead of lighter text.
- Tooltips added to description of sync locations in Preferences > Sync.
- Unused Show/Hide buttons removed from database lists in Preferences > Sync.
- Compatibility of WebDAV requests, e.g., to QNAP servers.
- Optimized handling of pending items.
- Multi-threading, especially on iOS.
- Reliability of garbage collection of sync stores, especially on iOS and in case of unreliable networks.
- Overall realiability.
- Error handling and logging.
- Issue where adding links to the selection in PDF, text, or web views didn't accept URLs containing non-ASCII characters.
- Issue where annotations were removed after copying or dragging pages from one PDF document to another (workaround for PDFKit).
- Issue where automatically generated filenames used characters that aren't supported on Windows.
- Issue where error logging in case of duplicate UUIDs didn't work.
- Issue where files with extension '.ooutline' were handled as XML files.
- Issue where groups couldn't be moved in the Sorter.
- Issue where item links with a trailing slash, e.g., created by Microsoft Word, didn't work.
- Issue where it was possible to duplicate pending items.
- Issue where Shift-Tab didn't work in date field of the Info panel.
- Issue where tabs used a wrong frame size in some cases after disabling the widescreen option of split views.
- Issue where the contents of a group couldn't be opened after navigating to the group from a cross-link.
- Issue where the Sorter opened databases containing its groups automatically but shouldn't.
- Issue where trying to drag tabs could close them or create new tabs.
- Issue where the plain text support of the Sorter didn't always work correctly.
- Issue where updating installed add-ons added the Sorter to the login items.
- Glitches of Quick-Look-based views on macOS 10.10 and later.
- Crash related to progress handling, e.g. while synchronizing databases.
Fixed (macOS Sierra)
- Issue where PDFs where displayed white or just partially (workaround for PDFKit).
- Issue where reloading the PDF sidebar was unreliable on macOS Sierra (workaround for PDFKit).
- Issue where the PDF sidebar didn't use the primary selection color for selected pages.
- Issue where downloading pending records wasn't always possible in case of multiple sync locations synchronizing the same databases and some of them offline, some online.
- Crash related to using Backup & Optimize during a synchronization.
- Data > New from Template > Office as it's easy to create default documents.
Known issues (macOS Sierra)
- Flickering while resizing or moving PDF annotations. Say 'Hello' to PDFKit.
- Note PDF annotations can't be opened or expanded. No kidding, it's PDFKit.