We release new versions of our applications on a regular basis. Every release comes with bug fixes and detail enhancements as well as very often also new features. Read here what has changed in the most recent version.
DEVONthink To Go 2.3
This update is dedicated to iOS 11 and its enhancements but also features improvements on earlier versions of iOS. It adds drag-and-drop inside DEVONthink To Go as well as to and from other apps. You can use your database through the new Files app and create notes or search for documents with Siri. A new Favorites smart group lists groups marked inside DEVONthink To Go as favorites as well as the favorites from Files. Finally, version 2.3 allows to verify and clean sync locations and mark items as read or unread with a new swipe action. The update improves the overall performance, too, and fixes a number of bugs and glitches.
NEW (iOS 11)
- Drag-and-drop internally and between apps on iPad (in split screen).
- Databases are accessible through the Files app.
- Text notes can be created and items searched using Siri.
- Swipe left options added for verifying and cleaning sync locations and their databases.
- Swipe right option added for marking items read/unread.
- Large list titles.
- New Favorites smart group lists groups marked as favorites in DEVONthink To Go or in the Files app (iOS 11).
- The search field is also available from within smart groups.
- Smart groups count only their direct children, like DEVONthink for Mac.
- Duplicating items only adds 'copy' to the names of duplicated items if necessary.
- Pressing ⌘F shows the sidebar if necessary.
- Sharing app data from the App Store app adds the App Store URL to the new item's metadata.
- Peek previews of PDFs use a white background.
- PDF library updated.
- Improved compatibility to URLs with non-ASCII characters.
- Improved performance of grid view.
- Improved memory management.
- Improved logging.
- Setting up new WebDAV sync locations checks all keychain entries and skips invalid ones.
- Improved validation of WebDAV URLs while setting up new sync locations.
- Improved and stricter Dropbox error handling.
Fixed (iOS 11)
- Fixed an issue where long titles in popovers were no longer shortened.
- Fixed an issue where sharing from the App Store app no longer worked.
- Fixed an issue where the document toolbar looked crammed on iPad.
- Fixed an issue where the search bar was no longer usable.
- Fixed an issue where the swipe buttons appeared in the tint color.
- Fixed an issue where the title for pushed detail views wouldn't animate.
- Fixed layout issues of the toolbar of dialog sheets.
- Fixed an issue where indexing text files wouldn't work.
- Fixed an issue where links that redirect to an external app failed.
- Fixed an issue where sharing tasks from OmniFocus didn't work correctly.
- Fixed an issue where smart groups could be swiped-to-delete.
- Fixed an issue where smart groups had to reload their item counts after app launch.
- Fixed an issue where tags couldn't be removed in the Info sheet.
- Fixed an issue where the Info sheet reloaded multiple times when scrolled down to the end.
- Fixed an issue where the app offered the wrong conversions for some bookmarks.
- Fixed an issue where the size info for groups and databases showed '(null)'.
- Fixed an issue where the refresh control vanished after the first use.
- Fixed a crash related to marking items as busy in the user interface.
- Fixed a crash related to peeking PDF documents with 3D touch.
- Fixed a crash related to storing the status of the grid view.
- Fixed crashes related to the data store not being ready, e.g., while the device is locked.
- Fixed further rare crashes.
- Fixed an issue where DEVONthink To Go tried to synchronize in the background and drain the battery.
- Fixed a crash related to updating the sync status when access to the encrypted data was already withdrawn.