We release new versions of our applications on a regular basis. Every release comes with bug fixes and detail enhancements as well as very often also new features. Read here what has changed in the most recent version.
DEVONthink To Go 2.4.3
This maintenance release is all about synchronization. Version 2.4.3 adds synchronizing automatically when DEVONthink To Go is being put into the background and improves the reliability of the sync status indication. Downloading shallowly synchronized documents is more reliable, and DEVONthink To Go is more compatible to some WebDAV services. Further enhancements include basic authentification for bookmarks, better performance, and reduced memory usage.
- When the app is going to the background and automatic synchronization is chosen a sync is performed if possible.
- Basic authentification for bookmarks.
- Plain text, Markdown, and markup documents no longer use smart quotes, smart dashes, and smart insert/delete behavior in the editor.
- Improved compatibility of web views to, e.g., web pages using OAuth.
- Improved performance of indexing documents containing a lot of text.
- Improved responsiveness.
- Reduced memory usage.
- Improved sync status indication.
- Improved notifications, e.g., when a sync in the background is cancelled.
- Improved French localization.
- Improved performance and memory usage when preparing for synchronization.
- Improved compatibility to WebDAV servers, e.g., older Microsoft IIS versions.
- Improved overall reliability.
- Further minor optimizations.
- Fixed an issue where changing the reading position didn't mark the document as changed and so the change wouldn't be synced.
- Fixed an issue where creating a new group took overly long.
- Fixed an issue where downloaded documents were not reloaded correctly.
- Fixed an issue where emptying a trash would delete all instances of trashed replicated groups.
- Fixed an issue where just created databases were not available in Clip to DEVONthink.
- Fixed an issue where links with custom URL schemes didn't work in Markdown documents.
- Fixed an issue where moving tagged documents caused reindexing of all items with one of the tags.
- Fixed an issue where names of documents opened from other apps could be URL encoded.
- Fixed an issue where preview images could appear squeezed.
- Fixed an issue where Printer Pro (and other apps) would use the text note instead of the PDF from the Share sheet.
- Fixed an issue where printing Markdown documents didn't use the built-in stylesheet.
- Fixed an issue where the preview of newer iWork documents wasn't used.
- Fixed an issue where the URLs of webarchives was sometimes truncated.
- Fixed an issue where the viewed document wouldn't be always restored on app launch.
- Fixed an issue where, e.g., searching inside PDFs didn't work on iPhone.
- Fixed a potential crash of the Clip to DEVONthink share extension.
- Fixed a potential crash related to updating the unread flag in highly nested or even recursive replicant structures.
- Fixed a crash related to CSV documents with a non-consistent number of columns.
- Fixed a crash related to retrieving font names.
- Fixed a crash related to viewing email messages on iOS 9.
- Other minor bugs and glitches.
- Fixed an issue where toggling the Download setting of a group didn't always reflect in the user interface immediately.
- Fixed an issue where the sync status wasn't updated when returning from background state.
- Fixed an issue where communication with Box.com no longer worked due to server changes (workaround).
- Fixed an issue where downloading shallowly synced documents could lead to an empty item locally.