We release new versions of our applications on a regular basis. Every release comes with bug fixes and detail enhancements as well as very often also new features. Read here what has changed in the most recent version.
DEVONthink To Go 2.1.2
This release adds options for enabling or disabling iOS backups of the databases, shows item counts for databases, and lists the real amount of used disk space. Item lists can be sorted by creation, modification, or access date, and multiple selected documents can be shared, e.g., to send them by email or iMessage.
The Download: Always/On demand setting for groups can now be removed so that the group again uses the setting of the enclosing group. DEVONthink To Go 2.1.2 also increases the contrast of lists with items not downloaded and lets Markdown and HTML document use local images and link to documents using relative paths. In addition, the release fixes multiple bugs and glitches.
- Item lists can now be sorted by creation, modification, or access date.
- Settings option for enabling or disabling iOS backups of the databases.
- Multiple selected documents can be shared.
- Databases show an item count, similar to DEVONthink for Mac.
- Help menu shows real amount of disk space used for databases as well as app launch time.
- Hidden command for deleting caches.
- The selected segment of the Download: Always/On Demand control in the Info screen of databases and groups can be tapped again to switch back to 'inherited'.
- Readability of item lists. Items not downloaded and groups not set to Download: Always/On Demand use a lighter icon and show a cloud icon when details are switched on.
- Revised metadata icons.
- Markdown and HTML documents can use downward-relative paths for images and links.
- Images in Markdown documents are scaled to maximum full width.
- Sharing notes from Apple Notes retains embedded sketches.
- Tags groups can be visited when opening files from the document provider extension.
- Better handling of duplicating groups containing documents not downloaded.
- User interface remains more responsive during background operations.
- Reliability of loading web pages, web archives, and HTML documents.
- Reliability of item counting.
- Cache management.
- Overall reliability and performance.
- Compatibility of WebDAV requests e.g. to QNAP servers.
- Optimized handling of pending items.
- Multi-threading, especially on iOS.
- Reliability of Bonjour connections.
- Error handling and logging.
- Issue where a document being edited wasn't saved when the app was terminated.
- Issue where a too small cache caused tag auto-completion issues with more than 1,000 tags.
- Issue where changes to tags and database properties were not immediately reflected in the user interface due to caching.
- Issue where inherited tags could be deleted (but reappeared).
- Issue where item details didn't list group tags, listed certain document types contained in a group twice, and used a wrong font.
- Issue where items didn't inherit ordinary tags hierarchically from their containing groups.
- Issue where Markdown documents were not selectable via the document provider extension in third-party apps accepting plain text files.
- Issue where moving items with replicants could cause unnecessary delays.
- Issue where only a few custom schemes could be opened due to iOS security.
- Issue where PDF annotations weren't saved when switching documents without ending editing mode first.
- Issue where placeholder views weren't localized.
- Issue where Print to PDF didn't always show the keyboard when sharing.
- Issue where sharing from Shorter Oxford English Dictionary no longer worked.
- Issue where some Action menu actions were available where they shouldn't have been.
- Issue where switching a group to Download: Always or moving or replicating items into a group set to Download: Always didn't download the group's contents.
- Issue where the 1Password button didn't work for WebDAV account locations and for web pages loaded through navigating.
- Issue where the Organize menu showed a Share option when used from document views.
- Issue where the item list selection wasn't correct for web pages loaded through navigating.
- Issue where ungrouping left the grid view in an unworking state.
- Crash related to using the camera to create new documents on iOS 9.
- Crash related to the document provider extension.
- Crash related to loading record types on app launch.
- Crash related to retrieving PDF metadata.
- Crash related to empty searches.
- Issue where downloading pending records wasn't always possible in case of multiple sync locations synchronizing the same databases and some of them offline, some online.
- Issue where saving items with thumbnails could used too much memory.
- Crashes related to multi-threading.