We release new versions of our applications on a regular basis. Every release comes with bug fixes and detail enhancements as well as very often also new features. Read here what has changed in the most recent version.
DEVONthink To Go 2.1.7
This update adds an option to clear the Global Inbox and makes the grid view available on all devices. Version 2.1.7 improves the decluttering service, URL command support, and Markdown previews. Updating item counts is more reliable and no longer makes the app unresponsive. The enhanced error log no longer truncates long entries.
- URL command for retrieving an item link for the currently selected document.
- Global Inbox can be cleared.
- Decluttering service works better with pages reporting a wrong encoding, uses HTML5 'article' tags and 'role' attributes to detect the main article, and better cleans up unrelated elements.
- Previews of Markdown documents no longer show HTML code.
- PDFs have a light gray background.
- 'Labeled' smart group is now sorted by label.
- URL x-callback commands honor 'retParam' parameter for choosing an individual return parameter.
- URL commands accept 'tags' parameter similar to DEVONthink for Mac.
- Improved reliability and performance of updating item counts.
- Mac database files (.dtBase2) are skipped when importing from Documents folder.
- The grid view is now available on all device sizes and classes.
- Only non-pending items are automatically marked as read.
- Longer log entries are no longer truncated.
- Margin added to error screen.
- PDF library updated.
- Overall responsiveness.
- More secure encryption of Bonjour connections.
- Fixed an issue where DEVONthink To Go would crash roughly 30 seconds after launch due to items without UUID.
- Fixed an issue where Clip to DEVONthink showed deleted databases if indexing was still running.
- Fixed an issue where deactivating smart groups didn't delete their item count cache.
- Fixed an issue where detail strings were not updated after externally editing documents.
- Fixed an issue where drawing with the Apple Pencil to the right in a PDF annotation revealed the item list instead.
- Fixed an issue where informative notifications were cut off when using split screen on iPad.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to convert bookmarks to, well, bookmarks.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to send PDFs or other downloadable files through the decluttering service.
- Fixed an issue where Markdown documents appeared empty for some users.
- Fixed an issue where self-closing tags (like <tag />) were not always correctly handled.
- Fixed an issue where text previews would appear distorted.
- Fixed an issue where the Capture menu command for web archives disappeared after first use.
- Fixed an issue where the Capture share action created items unattached to any group.
- Fixed an issue where the Copy URL option wasn't always available where it should.
- Fixed an issue where the Share tool wasn't available for multiple items.
- Fixed an issue where the decluttering service created link titles starting with a space.
- Fixed an issue where the decluttering service didn't handle images with URLs containing parameters correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the styles of the BODY tag of a rendered Markdown document couldn't be changed.
- Fixed an issue where visiting a group with unread items in grid view marked all contents as read.
- Fixed an issue where the synchronization showed error 409 after interrupted Dropbox uploads.
- Fixed an issue where updated metadata wasn't sent after downloading a pending item.