We release new versions of our applications on a regular basis. Every release comes with bug fixes and detail enhancements as well as very often also new features. Read here what has changed in the most recent version.
DEVONagent Pro 3.10
This release adds a new Google Scholar (Case Law) plugin and updates several other plugins and search sets. For quick queries, it now supports DuckDuckgo Bangs in the internal browser. We've enhanced the support for live streams with the webcam and video scanners and made it a bit easier to create a custom search plugin, pasting in code you may find on our forums. And as always, we have improved the performance and stability of DEVONagent Pro.
NOTE: Starting with version 3.10 DEVONagent Pro requires macOS 10.10 Yosemite or later.
- Plugins added: Legal > Google Scholar (Case Law) plugin.
- Added support for DuckDuckgo Bangs in the browser's address bar.
- Added Markdown and Formatted Notes options to Window > Search Sets > Actions > Add results to DEVONthink > Format.
- Added Clutter-free layout option to Window > Search Sets > Actions > Add results to DEVONthink. Requires at least DEVONthink 2.9.17.
- Added support for XML with custom plugins.
- Added "DatesKeyPath" key (JSON and XML) to retrieve the date of the result.
- Added optional "method" AppleScript parameter to specify the HTTP method when downloading documents.
- Added "last downloaded response" AppleScript property to retrieve the last HTTP-Status code and more.
- Plugins updated: Patents > Google Patent Search, References > British Library plugins, News > BBC News, News > Reuters, News > RocketNews, Legal > FindLaw, References > SEC.
- Search sets updated: Marketing, Apple (Feeds), Blogs.
- Video and webcam scanners work better with live streams.
- Creating a new plugin no longer requires a URL, making it easier to create a plugin with code copied from our forum.
- If you have selected to download updates automatically, Update On Quit will be displayed depending on the current progress of DEVONagent. Choosing this menu item will display a window about the pending update.
- In the plugin editor, changing the default keywords of a plugin now resets the user customized keywords as well.
- The "paginated PDF" AppleScript property uses the last used print settings and sets the title.
- Fonts of Preferences > General can be reset by holding the ⌥ Option key.
- Improved script Scripts > E-mail > Current URL.
- Improved performance of scanner objects, browser window, search windows, and the Download Manager.
- Improved character encoding support.
- Improved filtering of social bookmarking links.
- Using Help > Report Bug with the ⌥ Option key held creates an extended bug report including the installation path and startup volume format.
- Fixed an issue where an Express search didn't always return all results.
- Fixed an issue where exporting a report required a .pdf extension, regardless of the previously selected format.
- Fixed an issue where Preferences > Menu Extra mounted volumes added to the user's startup items.
- Fixed an issue where selecting a different scanner in browser and search windows caused an exception (macOS 10.9 through 10.12)
- Fixed an issue where the Express option of search sets was disabled when the secondary query was "*".
- Fixed an issue where the number of scanner objects for a search result was not always identical to the number of scanner objects shown in the scanner bar.
- Fixed an issue with sending formatted notes or Markdown documents to DEVONthink.
- Fixed some minor cosmetic issues with the user interface.
- Fixed a rare crash caused by background processes.
- Disabled Twitter plugin on macOS High Sierra as access to system-wide social accounts is no longer possible.
- Removed script Scripts > E-mail > Current URL (Mail).
- Removed plugins Info (News), Info (Images), and Info (Video).