We release new versions of our applications on a regular basis. Every release comes with bug fixes and detail enhancements as well as very often also new features. Read here what has changed in the most recent version.
DEVONthink To Go 2.5.1
This maintenance release enhances Clip to DEVONthink and the app security introduced with version 2.5. It makes synchronizing via sync stores more reliable and checks the available disk space before importing databases from remote locations. Background tasks are handled more reliable and providing indexed text to Spotlight has less impact on performance and battery life. The update also fixes a number of bugs and glitches.
- Clip to DEVONthink adds text retrieved for a web page to the comments of bookmarks.
- Clip to DEVONthink now recognizes also URLs provided as text, like Safari sometimes does.
- The security lock screen now covers also full-screen videos and popovers.
- Item lists display the pixel dimensions of images.
- OmniOutliner, OmniPlan, and MindNote files are properly recognized even though they cannot be viewed.
- Improved performance and energy impact of providing text to Spotlight.
- Improved background task handling.
- PDF library updated.
- Sync locations in editing mode show a pencil icon to make it clearer that tapping them opens their settings.
- The synchronization checks the available disk space before importing databases from remote locations.
- Improved reliability of sync store handling.
- Fixed an issue where Clip to DEVONthink cleared the name field after downloading a preview image for web pages without titles.
- Fixed an issue where displaying a new document could become unduly delayed.
- Fixed an issue where document viewers consumed more and more memory.
- Fixed an issue where harmless messages were posted to the Notification Center instead of only to the log.
- Fixed an issue where images added via URL command wouldn't have a proper type.
- Fixed an issue where it was no longer possible to show the grid view for smart groups.
- Fixed an issue where Pages and Numbers documents added on iOS devices couldn't be viewed.
- Fixed an issue where shared items with slashes in their name had shortened titles.
- Fixed an issue where the lock screen could be seen very shortly when security was actually disabled.
- Fixed an issue where the PIN software keyboard made key click sounds even if the user had disabled this in the system settings.
- Fixed an issue where trying to create a media document with 3D Touch skipped the media selection.
- Fixed an issue where typing on the PIN software keyboard was sluggish.
- Fixed an issue where URLs with unknown custom schemes couldn't be opened.
- Fixed an issue where web pages with a hash fragment in their URL could not be clipped.
- Fixed crashes related to multi-threading.
- Fixed a (potential) crash related to setting the unread flag for documents.
- Fixed a crash related to bringing DEVONthink To Go to the front using Workflow's "Open App" command.
- Fixed a crash related to identifiying subchildren of groups.
- Fixed a crash related to showing an HTTPS request for WebDAV connections on iPad.