We release new versions of our applications on a regular basis. Every release comes with bug fixes and detail enhancements as well as very often also new features. Read here what has changed in the most recent version.
DEVONthink To Go 2.7
Version 2.7 adds push notifications for the synchronization, a PDF outline view, and an option to sort by date added. It also improves the handling of tags when groups or documents are moved to the trash, the keyboard handling when searching, and the reliability of automatic PDF double spread mode. Imported email messages receive the original message's creation date. The update also adds an warning for when you change the encryption key of a sync store, and makes the automatic sync intervals shorter.
"For providing synchronization push notifications DEVONtechnologies maintains a list of records consisting of an anonymized device identifier (UID), the unique identifier (UUID) of a sync store, the UUID of a databases in that sync store, information about the app edition and beta status, as well as a timestamp. Neither the UID nor the sync store and database UUIDs can be backtraced by DEVONtechnologies to a named user. We're collecting the app edition and beta status to send the data to the correct server at Apple and the timestamp to delete records that haven't been used in a while. The actual push notification is sent via the Apple Push Notification service."
- Added a PDF outline view.
- Added option to sort by date added.
- Synchronizing notifies all other devices synchronizing the same database with the same sync store. If they're set to sync automatically they'll download the new data as soon as possible, even in the background; if they're set to manual sync they'll mark the affected database as needing sync (dirty). The participating devices need to run DEVONthink To Go 2.7 or later, too, or DEVONthink for Mac 2.11 or later.
- When the last instance of an item is put into the trash it is also removed from all tags (like on the Mac).
- Tapping a search results with software keyboard active navigates to the result.
- Tapping a document in the item list again deselects it.
- The PDF page scroller is less obtrusive.
- The PDF search screen appears in DEVONthink To Go’s default visual style.
- The creation date of email messages imported via drag-and-drop is set to the message’s creation date.
- Reliability of automatically choosing PDF double spread mode.
- PDF library updated.
- Added alert to clean the sync store after changing the encryption key.
- Reduced automatic sync intervals.
- Verifying sync stores logs now number of orphaned and empty folders.
- A warning is logged if a sync store doesn't contain contents of pending and requested items.
- Reduced delay before the synchronization starts, especially on iOS.
- Reduced memory usage.
- Improved logging.
- Fixed an issue where data could be unnecessarily downloaded when the premium in-app purchase was temporarily not availble.
- Fixed an issue where text documents would scroll to the top when entering editing mode.
- Fixed an issue where the background of only some selected items was colored.
- Fixed an issue where the database statuses could blink while a sync was in progress.
- Fixed an issue where the global inbox was not available in Clip to DEVONthink after emptying.
- Fixed an issue where the reading position for text documents wasn’t restored correctly.
- Fixed an issue where two error messages where not localized to French.
- Fixed an issue where words containing Markdown formatting like * and _ wouldn’t be indexed correctly.
- Fixed a crash related to adding image annotations to PDF documents.
- Fixed a crash related to the Download button.
- Fixed an issue where corrupted status files could crash the app.
- Fixed an issue where location screens would show visual artifacts related to secure entry fields on iOS 12.
- Fixed an issue where location screens wouldn’t get clipped on iPhone X and later.
- Fixed an issue where the error message was wrong in case of sync stores without encryption and adding a key without cleaning afterwards.
- Fixed an issue where the first attempt to clean a sync store could fail in case of a wrong encryption key.
- Fixed an issue where unnecessarily download attempts were made in case of inconsistent settings for indexed contents.
- Fixed a rare crash while cleaning or verifying sync stores (especially on iOS in case of a poor network).