DEVONthink Adds iCloud Sync
Sychronization via iCloud was the no. 1 feature request on our list. And here we go: DEVONthink 2.10 and DEVONthink To Go 2.6 let you keep your databases in sync via iCloud and without entering anything except for the optional encryption password. No messing around with sync store names, server addresses, or login credentials. Add the iCloud sync location, check off the databases you want to sync, done. It can't be any easier.
In addition DEVONthink on both platforms synchronizes your changes when you switch to another app and, on the Mac, also when you quit it. On iOS, DEVONthink To Go continues to sync in the background as long as iOS permits and gets changes from time to time also when it's not in the foreground. Deactivate temporarily unused sync locations, just like on the Mac.
Other improvements in DEVONthink 2.10 for Mac:
- Add pages to PDFs by dragging them to the thumbnail bar
- Archive email including attachments from Apple Mail with two new scripts
- Import, filter, and export email more reliably
- Deal better with some misbehaving scanners
DEVONthink To Go 2.6 also brings these enhancements:
- Search directly from the database screen
- Browse item lists showing up to three lines for title and details
- Keep groups sorted to the top
- Quickly find office and text documents with two new global smart groups
- Set flags and labels from Workflow using the "update" URL command
We recommend these free updates to all users. Get them directly by using the apps’ update function or from our Download page. For DEVONthink To Go or if you purchased DEVONthink or DEVONnote in the App Store, update your copy through the App Store app or receive the update automatically, depending on your App Store settings.