A Simple Move
December 27, 2016 — Jim Neumann
We had a support ticket with a person who had a simple request: “I have a selection in a Smart Group. How do I move it to a database?” I responded but as I did, I realized (yet again) how much flexibility we have built into DEVONthink. Here are a few ways to accomplish this:
- Open the receiving group in a new window by double-clicking on it and arranging the windows. Note: In Preferences > General you’ll need to check Always open groups in a new window.
- Use Tools > Show Groups & Tags and drag and drop to it.
- If this is a common location, you could add it to the Sorter (see Tools > Show Sorter) and drag and drop to it.
- If Preferences > Import > Destination is set to Select Group*, you could drag and drop to the dock icon and select the receiving Group.
- Right-click a selection and choose Move or Duplicate to… and choose the destination. Note: You could use Replicate to IF the chosen files were in the same database. You cannot replicate across databases.