DEVONthink 3.0 Public Beta 6
While we’re approaching the final release, the sixth public beta of DEVONthink 3 brings further refinements including the ability to synchronize the Reading List and custom metadata definitions. The update also continues to fix bugs and improve the overall reliability and performance.
Here are some of the highlights of DEVONthink 3 Beta 6:
- Synchronize the Reading List and your custom metadata definitions
- Run OCR on scans without auto-correcting the page orientation, if necessary
- Rename scans in the Image Capture icon view
- View selected PDF annotations immediately in the Annotations inspector
- Use improved WikiLinking between documents
- Export bibliographic metadata to Bookends 12.3 or later
We recommend this free update to all users of DEVONthink 3.0 beta 1–5. Get it directly by using the app’s update function or from our Download page. You can find a complete list of all changes in the built-in help as well as in the PDF and ebook versions of the documentation.
An update for the Take Control of DEVONthink ebook is in the works and will become available in due course. The ebook will be free for all customers.
The public beta does not require a valid license key but to use email archiving and text recognition beyond the trial limits it needs to be properly licensed. After the public beta phase DEVONthink 3 will require a license key for one of the three available editions. If you purchased DEVONthink or DEVONnote 2 on or after February 1st, 2019, you’ll receive version 3 free of cost or discounted, depending on the purchased edition. Check your eligibility in your customer account.