Labels with Keyboard Shortcuts
October 29, 2013 — Jim Neumann
This tip comes from a question on our Facebook page: ‘Hi Guys, is it possible to assign an keyboard shortcut to a label? For example: If I press ⌘1 the first label is assigned to the current list entry?’ (Thanks, Christoph Jeschke!). Yes it is! Here’s the step-by-step…
- Open System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts and select Application Shortcuts in the lefthand sidebar.
- Press the + (Plus) button and choose DEVONthink.
- Enter the exact menu name of the label, e.g., To Do. Remember to use label names that won’t conflict with other menu items.
- Choose a Keyboard Shortcut. Try ⇧⌘F1 (F2, etc.) as these shouldn’t conflict with other shortcuts in DEVONthink.
- Back in DEVONthink, select a file, press your shortcut, and the file should have the approriate label applied.