DEVONthink 3.0 Public Beta 3
After the first and second public beta of DEVONthink 3 with its hundreds of new features and improvements we have today released the third beta. It brings another wave of enhancements and fixes.
Here are some of the highlights of DEVONthink 3 Beta 3:
- Insert selected text including backlink into the annotations for a PDF document
- Move read documents directly from the reading list to the trash
- Create smart rules from smart groups
- Make local smart groups to global ones via drag-and-drop
- Insert hours, minutes, or the clipboard contents using placeholders
- Easier rename items in the sidebar
- Perform daily tasks faster with new contextual menu commands
- Reorder columns in inspectors
- Work better with large sheets and switch between form and table views
- Check for encrypted PDFs, databases, or sync stores with a new icon
In addition we have improved Accessiblity support in the Editing and Navigate sidebars and added wider margins to editable text views, e.g., for plain text or Markdown documents. Beta 3 also brings many fixes and cosmetic changes, e.g., for the Sorter, dark mode, and more. It improves its already extensive AppleScript support, the reliability of the built-in web server, and the overall performance and stabilty.
We recommend this free update to all users of DEVONthink 3.0 beta 1 and 2. Get it directly by using the app’s update function or from our Download page. You can find a complete list of all changes in the built-in help as well as in the PDF and ebook versions of the documentation.
Updates for the Take Control of DEVONthink and Arbeitsbuch DEVONthink ebooks are in the works and will become available in due course. In addition, the Take Control ebook will be free for all customers.
The public beta does not require a valid license key but to use email archiving and text recognition beyond the trial limits it needs to be properly licensed. After the public beta phase DEVONthink 3 will require a license key for one of the three available editions. If you purchased DEVONthink or DEVONnote 2 on or after February 1st, 2019, you’ll receive version 3 free of cost or discounted, depending on the purchased edition. Check your eligibility in your customer account.