DEVONthink 3.0 Public Beta 4
After the first three public betas of DEVONthink 3 with their hundreds of new features and improvements we have today released the fourth beta. It further improves many aspects of the application, from working with documents to scripting, OCR, and the web interface.
Here are some of the highlights of DEVONthink 3 Beta 4:
- Undo and redo highlighting in PDFs
- Convert sheets better to many more file formats
- Print sheets better as tables or forms
- Use the :colon: syntax for inserting emojis into Markdown documents
- Use custom annotation templates
- Use a completely overhauled set of document and smart group templates
- Insert back links and quotes also into the annotations of plain and rich text documents
- Show totals in the Custom Metadata inspector for multiple selected items
- Tweak the OCR’s deskewing and compression
- Log out of the web interface with its new user menu
- Use a new AppleScript command for easier retrieving custom metadata
In addition we’ve fixed bugs and enhanced the overall performance. The update speeds up searching PDFs, working with EPUB books, saving formatted notes, viewing documents in the web interface, and overall responsiveness.
We recommend this free update to all users of DEVONthink 3.0 beta 1, 2 or 3. Get it directly by using the app’s update function or from our Download page. You can find a complete list of all changes in the built-in help as well as in the PDF and ebook versions of the documentation.
An update for the Take Control of DEVONthink ebook is in the works and will become available in due course. The ebook will be free for all customers.
The public beta does not require a valid license key but to use email archiving and text recognition beyond the trial limits it needs to be properly licensed. After the public beta phase DEVONthink 3 will require a license key for one of the three available editions. If you purchased DEVONthink or DEVONnote 2 on or after February 1st, 2019, you’ll receive version 3 free of cost or discounted, depending on the purchased edition. Check your eligibility in your customer account.