DEVONthink 3.0 Public Beta 5
Today we’ve released a fifth public beta of DEVONthink 3 with further enhancements (read more about beta 4 here). From importing new data to dark mode, the synchronization, and the automation options we have revisited all parts of the applications.
Here are some of the highlights of DEVONthink 3 Beta 5:
- Use the improved Import sidebar for importing new data
- Better use DEVONthink in dark mode
- Name scans and add tags in the import group selector
- Remove all tags from documents in smart rules and batch processing
- Insert the document kind with a new placeholder
- Sync more reliably, especially when using indexed items and WebDAV sync locations
- Group similar items automatically
In addition, DEVONthink 3 imports the Global Inbox from DEVONthink Pro (Office) 2 on first launch. Many areas in the user interface have received minor overhauls, too, and we have further improved the overall performance and reliability.
We recommend this free update to all users of DEVONthink 3.0 beta 1–4. Get it directly by using the app’s update function or from our Download page. You can find a complete list of all changes in the built-in help as well as in the PDF and ebook versions of the documentation.
An update for the Take Control of DEVONthink ebook is in the works and will become available in due course. The ebook will be free for all customers.
The public beta does not require a valid license key but to use email archiving and text recognition beyond the trial limits it needs to be properly licensed. After the public beta phase DEVONthink 3 will require a license key for one of the three available editions. If you purchased DEVONthink or DEVONnote 2 on or after February 1st, 2019, you’ll receive version 3 free of cost or discounted, depending on the purchased edition. Check your eligibility in your customer account.